CeylonSummer is a trading name of DonAlwis Travel (UK) Ltd. The following Booking Conditions form the basis of your relationship with DonAlwis Travel (UK) Ltd trading as CeylonSummer. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. References to “you” and “your” in these Booking Conditions mean all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them. “We” “us” and “our” means DonAlwis Travel (UK) Ltd trading as CeylonSummer. References to “arrangements” and “ service” are to the accommodation, transfers, tours and car hire featured on our websites. We act as agent for the hotels and suppliers of car hire and transfers and the providers of entertainments. When you make a booking, your contract will be with the principal concerned. If you book more than one service (such as stays at two or more different hotels or a hotel stay plus airport transfers), you will enter into a separate contract with each principal. If you book more than one service at the same time, the price payable for those services may, for convenience only, be charged to you as an arithmetical total. No “package” is created by us and we are not the organiser of any “package”. As an agent, we accept no responsibility for the acts or omissions of any principal or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors or for the services provided by any principal. The terms & conditions of the principal who provides your confirmed arrangements will apply to your booking. These are available on request and we advise you to read them carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. These booking conditions apply to all types of booking made with us except where otherwise specifically stated.
Responsibilities of DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd
DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd ., also called ‘CeylonSummer’ the ‘ Destination based Tour Operator’, or ‘Tour Operator’ acts only as an agent for the persons or companies providing accommodation or other services, also called ‘Service providers’ or ‘Suppliers’ and DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd., issues all coupons, vouchers, tickets or other documents on the Service Providers’ terms & conditions.
You acknowledge that neither DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd ., nor its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, servants or agents shall be responsible or become liable in contract or tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay to person or property, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any Service Provider or by “force majeure” or other events beyond DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd .,’ control, including, but not limited to war, terrorism, civil disturbance, pilferage, delays, severe weather, Acts of Government, accidents to or failure of machinery, equipment, vehicles or industrial disputes.
DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd ., shall not be liable for, or responsible to any Tour Participant in the event of dissatisfaction with the standard of service or accommodation provided by any Service Provider or be liable or responsible for any disappointment, distress or lack of enjoyment arising from any act or omission whatsoever.
Under no circumstances is DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd ., to be construed as a carrier under contract for safe carriage of you or your baggage and belongings.
You agree that it is your responsibility to take a holiday insurance policy (these could be organized in the respective country, prior to commencement of travel).
General Terms and Conditions
- Price estimate is based on the number of passengers and the destination intimated to our office being at the booking time.
- All prices quoted as per the vehicle required by the client and will only accommodate set number of passengers and luggage per vehicle:2 guests (adults) for car; 6-9 guests (adults) for van.
- In the event, the hotel or residence of your location fail to provide accommodation to your chauffeur, an additional charge of GBP 20 per day per night is applicable.
- Full payment should be made by credit or debit card via our secure payment system in order to confirm the booking.
- Full payment must be made 14 days prior to your arrival date, so that availability of your vehicle is guaranteed. Please refer to FAQ page for more details on this payment requirement.
- We require advance notification of all oversized luggage, if any, such as surfboards, bikes, since additional arrangements for transportation must be made. Additional charges for such arrangements will be notified to you.
- Generally passengers are responsible for loading and unloading their belongings and DonAlwis Travel UK Ltd will not accept any liability for loss or damage to the luggage. Our chauffeur will, of course, lend a helping hand with your luggage.
- We reserve the right to refuse any passengers under the influence of alcohol or narcotics which could pose a threat to the driver and/or the vehicle.
- Passengers are not permitted to consume alcohol and/or smoke on any of our Rent-A-Car vehicles.
- Clients are entitled to cancel the reservation by email 72 hours prior to the departure or arrival in accordance to the ‘Cancellation/Refund Policy’ defined below.
- The confirmation voucher sent via email is client’s reservation. Please present same to the chauffeur if requested.
- In the event of a flight delay we will sit tight awaiting your arrival up to 2 hours free of charge. However, anything beyond 2 hours, will be charged at the rate of GBP 5/= per hour starting from the scheduled arrival time.
- We strive to carry the passengers with minimum discomfort and inconvenience to the destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may hamper our achievement of this responsibility (e.g. delays due to construction of roads). 14. Passengers agree to be responsible for any damages or extra clean-up costs caused by his/her party wilfully or accidently during the service.
- On departure at the airport, we would like our guests to make sure the baggage (heavy luggage, travelling bags, hand bags, cameras, tripods, videos, laptops, mobile phones etc.) is collected. Of course, your chauffeur will assist you on this matter.
- Your chauffeur, of course makes records of the opening meter reading at the beginning of the day and the closing meter reading at the end of the day in his Vehicle Log Book on daily basis. We would like to have those couple of entries checked and initialized by one the guests of ours.
NB Where you have provided us with an e-mail address by which we can contact you (for example to send you an invoice etc) you must check your e-mails on a regular basis. You must ensure that the e-mail address you have provided us with is correct and does not contain any typos or other errors and inform us of any changes.
Limitation of Liability
- It is your responsibility to book in and out bound flights according to your holiday arrival and departure dates. We will have no liability for the performance or non performance of the flight or any other services provided by the airline or for the acts and/or defaults of the airline or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors. We will have no liability or no refund will be made on your hotel or tour package if you delay your holiday due to non performance of the flight.
- Payment: In relation to certain bookings a charge will be made for our own administration and where appropriate for use of a credit and debit card charge. This amount will be taken on the total cost of the holiday or travel arrangements and will be advised at the time of booking. You will be required to make full/part payment of your booking at the time of booking. You must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the Principal, who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
- Amendments: We will do our utmost to accommodate your amendment requests but it may not always be possible. Any requests for amendments must be made in writing from the person who made the booking. We will charge an administration fee of £25 per person and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. Please note that certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any amendment request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements. If amendments are required within the 12 weeks of departure cancellation charges may apply in addition to an administration charge of up to £50 per person.
- Cancellations: Any cancellation request must be sent to us in writing and will not take effect until received by us. If you cancel your booking we will charge the cancellation charges (which may be 100% of the cost of the travel arrangements).
- Changes by your principal: Sometimes your principal may need to make a change to your booking. If you have already booked we will let you know as soon as we can, if there is time before your departure. In the unlikely event that your accommodation provider has to make a significant change to your booking, they will offer you the option of accepting the change or cancelling the booking and receiving the full refund of all monies paid to us for the accommodation booking. We do not accept responsibility for any expenses or costs incurred by you as a result of any change by a principal. All bookings made are separate, independent and unconnected bookings with each of the principals concerned, for whom we act solely as agent, even where more than one service is requested and arranged at the same time. Where your principal makes a change or cancellation to a booking, this does not affect any booking you have with another principal even where that booking relates to services for the same holiday. For example, if your accommodation booking is changed or cancelled by your principal, you will only be able to change or cancel any other services in accordance with the booking conditions of the principal providing those services.
- Insurance: You are strongly advised that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (eg. pre-existing medical conditions). Failure to disclose relevant information will affect your insurance.
- Health advice: You are advised to contact your GP as soon as possible for up to date health advice and information for the destination you are travelling to. Certain vaccinations may be recommended but not compulsory and other health precautions may need to be taken to avoid any medical problems during your trip. It is your responsibility to act upon the advice given as the principal would not be liable for any such occurrences regarding health advice. Please check the Health office orders issued by the relevant country of travel
- Price Policy: The price of your arrangements will be confirmed to you at the time of making the booking. It is up to you to check these details carefully and confirm you are happy with them. We will also send you an invoice confirming your payment details and will contact you if there are any discrepancies in the pricing.
- Delivery of documents: All documents (eg. invoices/tickets & entry fees/ mileage) will be sent to you by e-mail. Once documents are sent to you we will not be responsible for non receipt unless such loss is due to our negligence. If you request your documents to be sent to you by post you may incur a postal charge which will be advised to you at the time of booking.
- Passports, visas and health: All information provided relates to British citizens who hold or are entitled to apply for a British passport. If you are not a British citizen and do not hold a British passport, you must make your own enquiries as to the applicable requirements. All customers (including children) who make a booking are required to hold a current 10 year passport. We will not be held responsible for any loss or delay that may occur as a result of the passport or visa not being produced for travel. The carriage of passengers and their baggage is subject to provisions of the applicable international conventions such as the Montreal Convention, national legislation and the carriers conditions of carriage. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your sole responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates of the countries through or to which you are planning to travel. Requirements may change so you must check the up to date position in good time before departure. Neither we nor any principal accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Please take special note that for all air travel within the British Isles, airlines require photographic identification of a specific type.
- Who can buy holidays from us?: For the majority of our holidays we can only accept bookings from UK residents aged 18 years or over and there must be at least one adult (18 years or over) traveling on any one booking. Some tour operators do allow 17 year olds to travel but they will need a letter of consent from a parent / guardian.
- Final Travel Arrangements Please ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and that you arrive in plenty of time for checking in at the airport. It may be necessary to reconfirm your flight with the airline prior to departure. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
- Accommodation/Hotel Classifications & Star Ratings: All star ratings and classifications are suppliers own ratings and are usually based on the facilities available along with feedback received. Official ratings which may differ from supplier’s ratings and are given by the local Tourism Authorities in the relevant country, and may not reflect the same standards as in the UK, as different countries have different qualifying standards. For example a four star hotel may not necessarily have the same facilities/standards as a four star in the UK, and cannot therefore be compared. For self-catering properties, an ‘A’ class is not necessarily of a higher quality than a ‘C’, our suppliers quote these classifications only to comply with current legislation. When choosing your arrangements, please refer to the information in the principal’s descriptions, which indicate facilities available at each property.
- Special requests and medical conditions / disabilities: If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant principal, no guarantee that any request will be met can be given. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability. If you or any member of your party has any medical condition or disability which may affect your accommodation or flight or has any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the arrangements and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your arrangements develops after your booking has been confirmed.
- Complaints: If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (eg. Hotel) immediately who will endeavour to put things right. Please write to us within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department, 22 HPT Houses, Dewala Road, Homagama, Colombo, Sri Lanka giving your original booking reference number and all other relevant information. Complaints received after 28 days will not be entertained. NB please bear in mind that we act only as agent for the principal(s) concerned and therefore cannot accept any liability for your arrangements. Any assistance provided in resolving a complaint in relation to any arrangements is provided on a goodwill basis and in our capacity as agent only.
- Force Majeure: Neither we nor any principal accepts any responsibility for, and shall not be liable in respect of, loss or damage or changes or cancellation caused by “force majeure” events i.e. circumstances outside our / the principal’s control, including but not limited to (whether actual or threatened) war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions.
- Behaviour: You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the principal(s) concerned. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions. Principals reserve the right at any time to terminate your arrangements due to your behaviour, where justified in their reasonable opinion. No refunds will be given. Furthermore, neither the principals nor we shall be under any obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses you may incur as a result of your stay/transfer being terminated.
- Room Allocation: On arrival at the accommodation, you will be allocated a room. Please note: when checking-in after midnight, your room will be reserved from the previous day. You must normally check out of your room at 11:00hrs on the booking departure date, unless otherwise stated on the accommodation voucher issued by us.
- Website and Pricing details: Please note, the information and prices shown on our websites may have changed by the time you come to book your arrangements. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the website and prices at the time of printing, regrettably errors do occasionally occur. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen holiday (including the price) with us at the time of booking. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and its description. Occasionally, local conditions may mean that some facilities or services become unavailable or subject to restriction. In addition to this, please be aware that advertised facilities within your hotel and around the resort may not be fully functional in early and late season. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions. We cannot accept responsibility for any inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about any accommodation or its facilities and/or services, except in the case of our negligence.
- All images of hotel rooms on the website are for representation purposes only and may not reflect the actual room you are allocated. From time to time building work and its associated noise is unavoidable in resort. We do not control such work and we do not always receive advance notice of when it is scheduled. However we will always notify you as soon as possible if we think building work will affect your holiday enjoyment.
- Links to third-party sites: This Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties, such as Tripadvisor. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
- Safety Standards: Please note, it is the requirements and standards of the country in which any services which make up your holiday are provided which apply to those services and not those of the UK. As a general rule, these requirements and standards will not be the same as the UK and may sometimes be lower.
- Errors and Omissions: We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However there may be times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally this may result in a price, product or other service detail description being incorrect. In such cases we reserve the right to cancel the booking or offer a reasonable alternative.
- Excursions/activities: We strongly recommend you to book your tours and excursions with only our representatives while you are in Sri Lanka. If you do book your excursions and activities with a third party which are neither run, supervised nor controlled in any way by us, we do not take any responsibility of your safety and security. They are provided by local operators or other third parties who are entirely independent of us. We do not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for anything which may go wrong on a resort booked excursion and cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions.
- Assignment: You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these booking conditions without our prior written consent. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without your prior written consent.
- Law and Jurisdiction: Your contract(s) with the principal(s) will be subject to the law referred to in the supplier’s(s’) terms and conditions. Any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between you and any supplier must also be dealt with in accordance with those terms and conditions. In the event that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description arises between you and us acting in our capacity as agent (“claim”), English law will apply (except as set out below). Any such claim must be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales only unless, in the case of Court proceedings, you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland. In this case, proceedings must either be brought in the courts of your home country or those of England and Wales. If proceedings are brought in Scotland or Northern Ireland, you may choose to have your claim governed by the law of Scotland/Northern Ireland as applicable (but if you do not so choose, English law will apply).
- Any cancelation 14 Days prior to arrival 90% refund. Please note that the remaining 10% is deducted as administrative cost for handling the bookings. The cancelation of your booking should be informed to us in writing by the person who made the booking prior to 14 days of the arrival date
- The remaining 90% will be refunded and made available in your account within 14 days of cancelation
- You are eligible to cancel your booking 72 hours prior to arrival date by informing us in writing. However no refund will be made for such cancelation.
- Any booking made within 14 days time frame before arrival date are non refundable. E.x.: If you book your holiday on the 20th of September and your arrival date and the commencement of your holiday is 28th of September and if you wish to cancel your holiday after booking no refund will be made on your booking.